wiredpakistan :: A Pakistani Tech forum

Discussions of all things technology in Pakistan.

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-05 15:46:49

MbHashmi

Where to buy AMD stuffs?

AOA to you all,

A grim issue,I bought my AMD based system from Computer Zone 4 months ago.All was fine and dandy (CZone was even selling the six core processor!)until they removed the price list for AMD processor+motherboard suddenly.Upon contacting them confirmed my fear that they have stopped selling them (there goes my warranty!).I contacted IDL and got the same response.I am worried because should anything happen to my motherboard(ECS,AM2+ socket) I have nowhere else to go.Also I won't be able to upgrade.

I request all the Karachiites to tell me the exact location of where to get the AMD stuffs (those who actually keep it and not remove it at a daily basis).I am seriously tensed (and please don't tell me that it was a mistake.For a low price Athlon II x3 was a better deal than dual core and the entry level Core2Dou.My processor cost was 8500 RS).

P.S:Does anyone in Karachi know where this "Regant Computer Trade Plaza" is located?

Thank You

#2 2010-11-05 16:15:05

rokra
Gold member
Website

Re: Where to buy AMD stuffs?

Just because they stopped selling new AMD systems doesn't mean they can stop honouring warranty claims on systems they've already sold.

Aggregator of Pakistani blogs

#3 2010-11-05 21:16:56

MbHashmi

rokra wrote:

Just because they stopped selling new AMD systems doesn't mean they can stop honouring warranty claims on systems they've already sold.

But when they are not even selling the parts needed for the AMD systems,how will they fulfill the replacement warranty if required?They said that you will have to look elsewhere (Saddar or Regal plaza) for the motherboard and processor but will not provide any.

I have a feeling that I have been swindled by Czone.Any idea where to find a shop where AMD is easy to get,rokra?

#4 2010-11-05 22:17:45

rokra
Gold member
Website

MbHashmi wrote:
rokra wrote:

But when they are not even selling the parts needed for the AMD systems,how will they fulfill the replacement warranty if required?They said that you will have to look elsewhere (Saddar or Regal plaza) for the motherboard and processor but will not provide any.

I have a feeling that I have been swindled by Czone.Any idea where to find a shop where AMD is easy to get,rokra?

Is that how a business works in Pakistan? I would think they would keep some working parts with them to honour potential warranty claims that they may  face in the future. Or they might order parts when a warranty claim arises. Either way they have no excuse.

I don't understand how you can run a computer store like this. By their very nature computer parts go obsolete and yet you have to offer lengthy warranties. So you have to have some parts in stock that you never sell but hold onto in case there are warranty claims.

Aggregator of Pakistani blogs

#5 2010-11-05 23:53:26

jack
Gold member

Dont' worry.

There are obviously shops who do still sell amd components here in pakistan.

1.agn (techno citi mall karachi) keeps getting amd mobo and processors from time to time.
2. there is a shop opp. sasi arcade computer centre clifton, karachi where you can actually order the mobo of your choice from abroad and they will deliver it to you (the price will be there off course) when you go in anybody will tell you where the shop is because everybody knows about it. I am forgetting its name at the moment
3. Astrontech in lahore sell amd components (with warranty and i am not sure but i think they deliver as well within pakistan)
4. galaxy computers in karachi unicentre gets amd stuff from time to time (second hand items are also available).
5. and at last there is always the second hand option. you can find second hand (and new amd)  motherboards from 2 shops in karachi. One is in regal trade computer centre, saddar (near mobile market) and another in naz digital plaza opp nishat cinema, saddar. ask anyone when you go to these places and they will let you know which shops deals with amd components. 

so a lot of options for you if something happens

Last edited by jack (Yesterday 00:13:37)

e6750 2.66 1333 bus| Asrock g31m-s motherboard | 1 gb 667 ram | 2 dvd rw Samsung and Lg sata lightscribe | Seagate Barracuda sata II 500 gb hd | XFX 4850 | Sunbeam acrylic casing with 6 fans |  Enermax 6 fan controller | Cooler master musketeer controller |  Cooler master 460 watts PS | 20'' Acer crystal bright LCD
... i need a core i5 750 soon with a 5850,,,

#6 Today 10:28:28

RAK

Yes it is difficult to find AMD CPUs and Boards in Karachi, but you will be able to buy AMD GPUs next year as AMD has dropped ATi brand name starting with new 6xxx Radeon HD Series.

Board footer