wiredpakistan :: A Pakistani Tech forum

Discussions of all things technology in Pakistan.

You are not logged in.

#61 2010-12-02 19:19:21

shakeeb

Re: Bought Sony Bravia BX300 LCD TV

^ dont know about home theaters but i have connected my 4.1 creative speakers with it via audio out jack at back and they work great. I heard someone using 7.1 along with it too. So if u want good sound it can be good substitute for home theater and is cheap as well. The only problem with this method is that you can't control external speakers volume with tv remote you got to use speakers remote to do so.

#62 2010-12-03 01:24:15

rizla

shakeeb wrote:

^ dont know about home theaters but i have connected my 4.1 creative speakers with it via audio out jack at back and they work great. I heard someone using 7.1 along with it too. So if u want good sound it can be good substitute for home theater and is cheap as well. The only problem with this method is that you can't control external speakers volume with tv remote you got to use speakers remote to do so.

hmm interesting. The audio out port will support 5.1 or 7.1 speakers? I guess I'll have to check the manual. Another problem I have with surround sound is in order to install true surround sound (i.e speakers all around the walls) I would have wires all over my walls, it wouldn't look good.

#63 2011-02-11 12:48:37

Bakhtavar

I also wanna buy a 32 inch LCD and wanna know which one is better between sony and samsung ?
Plz anyone suggest me a best model either in sony or samsung with good picture quality and with other features.

Welcome To Bahawalpur. The sands valley Cholistan.
The largest division in Asia, Biggest semi urban town of asia, The second biggest school of Asia Sadiq Public School, The IUB which is largest university of Asia due to its area. The soldiers of bahawalpur, The luddi dance, The natural jungal Lalsohanra, The mela of Jashn-E-Baharan, The river of Satlug and more...
I am proud to be Bahawalpuri...

#64 2011-02-11 13:54:07

IconSourcing
Website

nadeem5476 wrote:
Frost wrote:

Sony has superior picture quality, i saw on the display center in makro and sony bravia was better in terms of picture quality. Also i visited Sony Usa and the models displayed there are not provided here why is that?

visit at punjab chowrangi Karachi outlets of sony as well as samsung side by side they are located just near the underpass . you will see the difference , make sure both outlests are running on the analogue signals first and THEN try on digital signal / DVD etc and then judge BOTH  with standard settings , and above all i have both these LCDs plus others too in my own home and for sure Samsung has no comparison ! samsung is superior and advanced too . also USB playing features with so many formats including MKV (in which blue ray also comes)  is supported in samsung from usb !!
Since a year later sony was buying the panels from samsung   , now sony is buying from sharp sony CANT make panels itself , why ??
because he has no technology to make superior panels at all.

My Shop is very close to Samsung/Sony showrooms, have visited both several times. I would never buy Sony. I am currently using Philips and if i ever upgrade i would go for Samsung. Sony is over priced for nothing added we get then the brand name and proud of Sony Owner. The processor in many LCDs and actually from Philips so why not buy the native brand itself. I would consider Samsung only because of better design and features.

The only disappointment in samsung showroom was, they still offering Plasma Displays as well. Anyhow, their high-end lcds are a treat.

Someone wrote above about WDTV device, thats an awsome device and I really recommend it for all who download media from net including .mkv  and other High-Definition stuff. The poster mentioned the price of 5500/- in Pakistan. which is not true.

http://IconSourcing.com
USED MacBooks in 15 & 17" are available.
MSN: [email protected]

#65 2011-02-11 14:04:53

MamboNo5

Don't think we can get Philips LCD's any more in pakistan --

#66 2011-02-11 15:15:35

IconSourcing
Website

I bought like 2 years back and it still competes with any latest ones as far as picture quality is concerned. Only Philips has the licensed for ambilight and luckily I got the model with dynamic ambilight, which is cool especially when you watch movies in complete dark room.

I think there is a shop beneath Hanging Garden in Clifton, Schon Circle, they still sell Philips. But still if i ever upgrade i will go for samsung, only due to service support.

Last edited by IconSourcing (2011-02-11 15:31:15)

#67 2011-02-12 07:03:28

Bakhtavar

Bakhtavar wrote:

I also wanna buy a 32 inch LCD and wanna know which one is better between sony and samsung ?
Plz anyone suggest me a best model either in sony or samsung with good picture quality and with other features.

Will anyone plz help me ?
Also what is the difference between samsung B and C Series and Also 3, 4, 5, 6 and 47 series?
And what is the difference between sony BX and EX series ?
Your help will be much helpfull for me..

The largest division in Asia, Biggest semi urban town of asia, The second biggest school of Asia Sadiq Public School, The IUB which is largest university of Asia due to its area. The soldiers of bahawalpur, The luddi dance, The natural jungal Lalsohanra, The mela of Jashn-E-Baharan, The river of Satlug and more...

#68 2011-02-12 12:22:54

IconSourcing
Website

^read the thread, so many suggestions and advises there.

Re: Visit their showroom and you will get the differences in detail. Whats your budget like?

#69 2011-02-14 10:55:13

Bakhtavar

I have read many reviews and comments for sony and samsung
Some say sony is best and some say samsung is best and i also came to know that sony is using other companies panel and in 32inch model sony can play only two formats with usb while on other hand samsung four series can play many formats and also have fm transmiter and other good features and its rate is also down than sony so i have decided to buy SAMSUNG LA32C450 which is available in Rs.43500 in my city Bahawalpur but first plz tell me can we forward/rewind while watching a movie with remote and also if i have more than one movie in my usb than can i go to movie two or three by remote ?

#70 2011-02-14 12:48:21

bathisland
Silver member

I bought a sony LCD 32" almost a year and half back and  can assure you that it is indeed crap.  It has broken down twice and to date the sound cracks....what a waste of my money.

Calculating in binary code is as easy as 01,10,11

#71 2011-02-14 13:09:03

IconSourcing
Website

Bakhtavar wrote:

I have read many reviews and comments for sony and samsung
Some say sony is best and some say samsung is best and i also came to know that sony is using other companies panel and in 32inch model sony can play only two formats with usb while on other hand samsung four series can play many formats and also have fm transmiter and other good features and its rate is also down than sony so i have decided to buy SAMSUNG LA32C450 which is available in Rs.43500 in my city Bahawalpur but first plz tell me can we forward/rewind while watching a movie with remote and also if i have more than one movie in my usb than can i go to movie two or three by remote ?

Yes to both of your question and a question, who actually said that Sony is best? with Sony, you only pay for the brand name get less in features. In other products sony supersedes only by the products beauty and style not in lcds i guess.

#72 2011-02-14 13:46:26

Bakhtavar

Plz tell me with samsung LA32C450 can we forward/rewind while watching a movie with remote and also if i have more than one movie in my usb than can i go to movie two or three by remote ?

#73 2011-02-14 22:36:21

immikhan19

Can anyone tell me that Samsung LCD LA32C450 have any wall mount/ Hanging option or it just came with stand....

#74 2011-02-14 23:00:40

shakeeb

@bakkhtavar... i have this model and can tell you it is perfect for playing movies via usb. U can pause and rewind, fast forward, jump forward, playback from last switch off time, can use subtitles, sync subtitles, change audio languages, change audio to dolby digital or DTS, can use repeat or shuffle features. You can browse all folders in usb via remote and select the files from any folder and play movie (supports 14 formats), you can even play audio songs and pictures on it too. Im using external 500gb usb powered hard drive with it and is working great.

@immikhan... wall mount kit comes free when you buy your lcd. it is in a separate box.

#75 2011-02-14 23:04:25

wazim87

Yeap Samsung is pretty awesome. I recently bought the 46 inch model and playing 720p mkv files is awesome.
Everything can be carried out with the remote.

#76 2011-02-14 23:14:53

Mazahyr
Platinum member

i know that Samsung is my only choice when it comes to LCDs/LEDs or PDPs but i'm confused wat to buy....my budget ranges from 50-60K...i want to buy any of the above but should be future proof plus A1 quality..i always wanted to buy LED but can't spend much bucks on just a TV, right? but then i though of buying this new 42" Samsung's PDP it looks gud and the size for such price is also gud...help me out guys..!

<<<<TECHNOLOGY OWES ECOLOGY AN APOLOGY>>>>

Board footer